Home > Brief CV
- 1984-1990. Licenciate (Bachelor) in Medicine and Surgery, L.M.S. University of Cadiz School of Medicine, University of Cadiz (Spain)
- 1993-1996. Ph. D. Philosophy Doctor (Graduated Summa Cum Laude), University of Seville School of Medicine, University of Seville (Spain)
- Ph.D. Thesis entitled Tumores ecrinos: Correlacion clinico-patologica. Estudios histopatologico e inmunohistoquimico. Evolucion pronostica. Seville, University of Seville (Dept of Dermatology).
- 1992-1995. Residence Training in Dermatology, University Hospital “Virgen Macarena“, University of Seville (Spain). Department of Medical and Surgical Dermatology and Venereal Diseases.
- Board Certification on Dermatology and Venereology since 1996.
Dr Pozo-Garcia is Consultant Dermatologist at Homerton University Hospital, London. She is the lead clinician for skin cancer and pigmented lesions and member of the Skin Tumour Advisory Board of the North East London Cancer Network.
Dr Pozo-Garcia routinely uses hand held dermoscopy (DermLite HR dermoscope) for the diagnosis and follow-up of skin lesions, in particular cutaneous tumours and melanocytic naevi. She has completed several courses on Dermoscopy (see below) and is an active member of the International Dermoscopy Society.
She is also involved in teaching Dermatology to undergraduate medical students and supervising dermatologists in training as part of the teaching duties of the Department of Dermatology in a University Hospital.
Dr Pozo-Garcia has completed several courses on dermoscopy and is actively involved in teaching this useful technique to the dermatology trainees at Barts and The London NHS Trust and Homerton University Hospital.
- Advanced Course on Dermoscopy (25 hours). Clinic Hospital, Barcelona 20-22 September 2007
- Theoretical practical workshop on Dermoscopy (25 hours). Clinic Hospital, Barcelona 15-17 June 2006.
- Dermoscopy UK: a one-day course, 4th May 2006
Dr Pozo-Garcia is an active member of:
English: Reading - fluent, Writing - fluent, Speaking - fluent
Spanish: Reading - fluent, Writing - fluent, Speaking - fluent